My beloved guru Dr Wayne Dyer died on the 30th August 2015, leaving behind a legacy that will continue to enlighten and inspire for many years to come.
My love of this great man began when I was given a CD of his beautiful ‘Everyday Wisdom’ by my sister a few years ago. Since then I have read a number of his books, including the story of his exceptional life ‘I Can See Clearly Now’, and I was due to hear him speak in a conference in London October 2015 – just 1 month from now.
I have listened to his enlightening, eloquent words often and wish to share a few of my favourite Wayne Dyer quotes with you now. I hope they inspire you as much as they have inspired me.
1. “Each time you send love in response to hate, you diffuse the hate.”
2. “Circumstances do not make a man, they reveal him.”
3. “Nothing you imagine in your mind is impossible”.
4. “Miracles come in moments. Be ready and willing.”
5. “Upon awakening, let the words Thank You flow from your lips, for this will remind you to begin your day with gratitude and compassion.”
6. “When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.”
7. “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.”
8. “You are not stuck where you are unless you decide to be.”
9. “When you have the choice between being right and being kind just choose kind.”
10. “A mind at peace, a mind centered and not focused on harming others, is stronger than any physical force in the universe. “
11. “Practice being the kind of person you wish to attract.”
12. “Doing what you love is the cornerstone of having abundance in your life.”
13. “The more you see yourself as what you’d like to become, and act as if what you want is already there, the more you’ll activate those dormant forces that will collaborate to transform your dream into your reality.”
14. “You are not a human being having a spiritual experience. You are a spiritual being having a human experience.”
15. “Love empowers you to higher levels.”
16. “You cannot be lonely if you like the person you’re alone with.”
17. “There is no such thing as a nervous breakdown. People choose to break down.”
18. “We can only give away to others what we have inside ourselves. If you have love inside of you, love for yourself, then that is what you will give away. If you have contempt for yourself, then that is what you will give away.”
19. “Be willing to let anything happen.”
20. “Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change.”
21. “Forgiveness if an act of self-love. No one has ever died from a snake bite. They die from the venom which continues to pour through the system long after the bite took place. You can’t be ‘unbitten’ but you can choose not to have the venom flowing through you. When you rid yourself of the venom and forgive, you are truly acting as a loving being.”
22. “This is a ‘uni-verse’. Uni = One. Verse = Song. One Song.”
23. “Believe it and you will see it.”
24. “Anything you must have, owns you. Ironically, when you release it, you get more of it.”
25. “Whatever the question, love is the answer.”
26. “If you are to change a habit, you must be the treatment. The treatment isn’t something that happens to you, it is something that you are.”
27. “No one can create anger or stress within you, only you can do that by virtue of how you process the world.”
28. “Blame is a neat little device that you can use to avoid all responsibility for something in your life. Use it, and you will avoid all risks and impede your own growth.”
29. “I will fill myself with love and I will send that out into the world. How others treat me is their path. How I react is mine.”
30. “Every obstacle is an opportunity. Every obstacle is a test. Keep in mind that life gives exams.”
31. “Each place along the way is somewhere you had to be in order to be here now.”
32. “Emotions are choices.”
33. “See the light in others and treat them as if that is all you see.”
34. “Learn to find a blessing in pain. Practice observing the pain rather than owning it.”
35. “All the abundance is already here. You simply have to tune in.”
36. “Realise the journey and the goal are always the same.”
37. “I will fill myself with love and send that out into the world. How others treat me is their path. How I react is mine.”
You can listen to this Everyday Wisdom quotes on YouTube if you prefer – it is beautiful to hear the wisdom in his soothing voice.
To an incredibly special soul and to a great teacher:- may you journey onwards in joy and love. I am infinitely grateful for the light you have shone in the world and in my life.
With infinite love,
What are your favourite Wayne Dyer quotes?